Sunday 30 August 2015

Dream Diary #80: The Littlest Project

I had started a new job at a supermarket. 

I have worked in supermarkets in real-life before so the feeling was bittersweet especially when the supervisor came along and announced that the regional managers were visiting so the place had to look spotless (something I hated about supermarket work!)

I guess my job was supposed to be stacking the shelves or something, but I spent a great deal of time picking the rubbish off the floor and disposing of it.

So when I was given the task of rearranging a small vase of flowers I relished the opportunity. However, the flowers were mostly dead and it was hard to make them look nice, but as a naturally creative person I was determined to make them look as good as possible.

There seemed to be a lot of staff and not many jobs to do and pretty soon everyone was wading in on my little project, trying to undo and undermine the work I'd done, leaving me feeling dejected, sad and frustrated.

Trying to leave the supermarket for my lunch break, I was surprised to see that the entrance/exit resembled an airport. You had to go through a metal detector just to leave and enter the store!

Later, the supervisor kept trying to take me aside several times as she sensed that I was sad but due to the chaotic airport-like surroundings, we kept getting interrupted.

No comments:

Post a Comment