Monday 24 August 2015

Dream Diary #79: Piece of Cake

I was attending a wedding and it was time to cut the cake but there didn't seem to be an appropriate knife or slicing tool available. In the end, I had to resort to using a meat cleaver to cut through the thick, pink icing.

I am the first to cut a piece from the cake, but when others see what I am eating, they follow suit and get a piece too. 

In real-life, I don't eat a lot of cake as it gives me stomach ache, but in the dream it tasted so good that I had several slices. 

The following morning, when it was time to return home I saw that we were flying on a private passenger plane!

As we were preparing to board, I realised that in addition to all the regular seating inside the plane, there were special re-inforced seats that extended out onto the wing. 

My mum begged me to sit near her so she wouldn't have to speak with the rest of the family all the way home. I agreed though it meant I would be in a wing seat.

The plane was situated on a grassy airfield, preparing to take off. I sat in my seat, watching my niece play on the field with a stewardess. 

Without warning, the plane began moving and a cardigan I had not yet put away flew off and onto the ground. 

I yelled down at my niece to grab it and pass it up to me, though the stewardess reassured me that I had plenty of time before the plane took off so if I wanted to quickly jump down and get it myself, then I could. 

As my niece had already picked up my fallen cardigan and was running towards the plane to give it to me, I stayed where I was.

Then suddenly, the plane lifted off the ground. Even the stewardess, who was supposed to be on the plane with us, looked shocked and confused, as if this wasn't supposed to happen.

I tried knocking on the side of the plane and yelling to get the pilot's attention, but to no avail. I could only watch as we flew higher and higher, the stewardess led my niece off the airfield and in the direction of the airport. I presume, to radio the plane and let the pilot know they had been left behind. 

Even throughout the panic of this, the feeling of flying out on the wing like that, felt amazing!

Inside the plane, I asked the pilot of he had heard anything yet, and he said yes and had already been back and picked them up (I don't recall this happening) and suddenly my niece bounded up the plane, wanting to sit next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment