Sunday 9 August 2015

Dream Diary #78: Asking for Directions

I was moving house with my small child in tow but wasn't sure if my boyfriend was coming with me or not.

Thankfully the kindly previous tennant, who was in the process of moving out, reassured me that everything would work out and as my boyfriends belongings were already in the property that must mean he would be there.

The house was very run down and dingy but there was a lot cool and interesting furniture, books and artifacts lying around. In the room that I had chosen as a bedroom there was an enormous writing desk and shelves stacked with hundreds of books above it. 

In addition to being run down and dingy the house was enormous; there was seemingly no end to the rooms and little nooks and crannies in every corner.

My family were in the kitchen, scrubbing it clean. 

I soon had to leave for a job interview so I was spending some time with my baby before I left. I reflected on the fact that everybody said how lucky I was that my boyfriend "agreed to have a baby so early in the relationship" - which made me feel warm and fuzzy within the context of the dream, but made me scratch my head when I woke up. 

There was also a narrative that involved me watching and observing an outdoor display of some kind; the details are very muddled but I remember that I found it hard to keep a straight face and was often told off or told to be quiet.

On my way to the interview, I got lost and went inside another building to ask for directions. As it turned out, the building was host to an interview for another job I'd applied for and I was asked to take part. 

The interview was done as a group, and became progressively like an audition, as we were asked to perform and do presentations. The louder and more colourful you were, the better. The final part of the interview/audition was performing a dance routine, which I thought was ludicrous as the job wasn't for a dancer or entertainer, but I kept my mouth shut and hung back.

The group was sectioned off into smaller groups and taken into a separate room to perform their routine. I was in the last group.

I don't remember much about the dance routine, but I know that I walked away feeling dejected and a failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment