Friday 7 August 2015

Dream Diary #77: Ancient History

I was taking part in a dinosaur themed reality game show, a la Jurassic Park.

Unlike the movie though, the dinosaurs were intentionally left to roam free and it was our mission to not only outsmart the dinosaurs and survive the game but to discover what happened to the previous contestants.

I think I started out as a crew member or a stand-by because I stood back watching others board the monorail that would take them into the park for the longest time. I was only encouraged to take part when a contestant didn't show.

Given the dangerousness of the game and the rickety state of the monorail, I didn't blame them. Even my subconscious wanted to impress upon me how risky it was as my dream zoomed in on the loose bolts of the machinery. 

It was pretty obvious what had happened to the previous contestants; we would be lucky if we even survived the ride into the park!

There were various stereotypes aboard, including a latino couple who seemed to like arguing with one another constantly, and making up in very overly affectionate ways. 

Upon entering the park we were immediately faced with a rather large dinosaur, similar to a T-rex, roaming around on the beach. It actually reminded me of walking around the world map of Final Fantasy VIII; a game I fell in love with as a teenager. 

The beach was surrounded by tall rocks and I remember thinking, "If I'm cornered by a dangerous predator and there's no way out, I'll just climb onto those rocks and throw myself into the sea." 

Strangely, the dinosaur didn't seem instantly hostile. It just seemed curious more than anything. 

The exact details of how we escaped the dinosaur are fuzzy, but it involved the group working as a team and entrapping the creature in the rocks.

This bought us enough time to get across the beach and onto the next stage of the game where the biggest thing we had to survive was the latino couple who thought nothing of engaging in sexual activity in front of the whole group!

No comments:

Post a Comment