Monday 4 January 2016

Dream Diary #90: Crisis of Conscience

I was happily preparing to settle into my new life in the USA when the man I was living with disappeared without explanation, while I was trying to use my mobile phone to figure out our location.

At best, I guessed we were in a ski-lodge on the border of Canada someplace, but he disappeared before I could process the information.

Devastated, and not wanting to be sent back home, I begged and pleaded with some of my new friends to let me stay with them.

Luckily, my friends were sympathetic and one of them even offered to marry me in a marriage of convienience and for a short time we had a lot of fun getting to know one another and having our other friends test us on our knowledge, so that we would pass the visa interview.

Once again, I found myself trying to locate my position on a map and found that I was living in a fictional pokey, backwater state that no-one ever talks about (I forgot the exact name, but I know it began with a 'P') but I was so grateful to be there, that I didn't care.

However, the friend who offered to marry me reconciled with his girlfriend and understandably we couldn't go through with the plan.

Frustrated at being let down again, an unexpected ray of hope came in the form of another guy in the same friendship circle who would be leaving to go to college soon and he told me I was welcome to join him providing I got a job and could help out financially.

This guy was much more reserved than the others so I didn't envision us having a whole lot of fun together, but I accepted anyway. His college was on the west coast and I thought, "Finally! Somewhere I recognise!"

I answered a job advertisment and found out the job was to test torture methods on criminals!

Instead of an interview, I had to prove I was able to do the job by using an electronic whip/switch device on a female child abuser. They even brought along the little girl that she abused for added effect!

The device had to charge 'all the way to 100' before it could be used so that gave my interviewers some time to ask me questions as well as a chance for me to come up with some excuse as to why I couldn't go through with it.

I despise child abusers, but the torture device sounded brutal. I remember having a moral debate with myself at whether this kind of punishment was appropriate and was I prepared to take a job like this just to preserve my lifestyle?

There was some kind of conflict after that, and somehow we ended up on the roof, overlooking the lake in the middle of the town square. I noticed it was a beautiful view despite the situation I was currently in. 

In the end, I didn't end up going through with 'interview' as they decided not to give me the job anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment