Friday 29 January 2016

Dream Diary #93: Blame it on the Weatherman

I was staying with the Chinese relatives of a friend with Chinese heritage and I thought it was so cool because the longer I stayed with them, the more I started to understand the language.

One day, while they were out and I was in the house alone, I noticed intermittent flashing lights outside. I could see a gigantic grey cloud in the sky and realised that a ferocious storm was brewing.

When the family came home they confirmed that a storm was indeed on it's way and the friend that I was staying with told me that it was a common occurence there and she had a ticket to watch it on an open airfield but she wasn't going to use it because she and her family had decided to throw a party instead.

I couldn't believe that someone would pass up the opportunity to go storm watching for a party so I asked if I could have the ticket. I offered to pay for it but she said she would let me have it for free.

Then she back-peddled later and hinted that she wanted payment for it, but wouldn't give me a price. I really didn't mind paying for it; I just wanted the ticket!

I could see small tornadoes start to form already. Some of them didn't even touch the ground but it mesmorised me to watch them form. 

Then another thought entered my head; I was in an unfamiliar place and I didn't know my way to the airfield and everyone else was too preoccupied with the party to go with me. Somebody tried to give me directions but I couldn't make sense of them.

The house was located on high ground with a perfect, unobstructed view of the sky anyway, so I could have just watched from the safety of the house, but didn't really want to get in the way of the party or have my enjoyment of the storm distracted by party-goers. 

While I was busy trying to work out a strategy to get to the airfield, I saw on the news that the storm had allegedly started to dissipate and wouldn't reach it's spectacular potential after all. This seemed to be good news for everyone, but me.

I looked outside the window and realised with dismay that the storm had disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment