Thursday 7 January 2016

Dream Diary #91: The Invisible Man

My boyfriend and I had been given my grandparents old house to stay in for a little while so that we could spend some time in private together. For a while we lived blissfully in our own little world, just hanging out, chilling and getting to know one another better.

If we 'passed the test' of proving that we were a real, strong and resilient couple we'd be allowed to live in the house permanently. 

There was an annoying girl (not the 'obnoxious girl') that kept hanging around and getting in the way. After a while I suspected her of wanting to steal my boyfriend away, so when she came round one day while he was at work I confronted her.

She swore she wasn't interested in my boyfriend and to prove it she cooked us an elaborate, fancy dinner complete with oysters and various other ingredients known for their aphrodisiac qualities. I was impressed and after getting to know her better, I could see she wasn't a threat to our relationship. The meal looked delicious and I couldn't wait for my boyfriend to come home to eat it.

My family came to visit earlier than anticipated and I was disappointed that my boyfriend and I wouldn't be able to enjoy our meal in private. But at the same time I couldn't wait to introduce them to him.

When he was late home, I didn't worry at first. I kept the kids busy by coming up with new activities for them to do and entertained my family with stories of what my boyfriend and I had been up to and how wonderful he was.

But as more and more time passed and he still didn't show, I started to feel sick and distraught. 

I didn't even have a number to call him on or any way of contacting him.

Not only did he not come home, but any evidence that he had ever lived at all seemed to disappear and I was left looking and feeling foolish. It was like I had imagined the whole thing!

I convinced my family to stay for as long as humanly possible but eventually I was starting to lose faith and with a heavy heart I packed up the rest of the belongings and returned home with them, devastated.

No comments:

Post a Comment