Monday 18 January 2016

Dream Diary #92: Death in the Faux-mily

I was informed that the Obnoxious Girl had passed away after being hit by a car. Even though she'd annoyed me, the news shocked me and I felt very sad. I decided to pay a visit to her home.

Even though she and I hadn't gotten along, her family let me in. If they knew about the true nature of our relationship, they didn't let on and seemed more interested in their own grief and sadness.

I seemed to be able to navigate my way around the house easily, without anyone showing me where to go. I went into, what used to be, her bedroom. It was eerily quiet as I looked through her belongings. 

The bed was unmade and there were books and objects lying around as if she was in the middle of using them when she left them.

I did some digging and found some old diaries and journals and it turned out that she'd actually liked me and admired me a lot and couldn't understand why we didn't get along. It had upset her that we didn't.

This actually triggered the memory in me that we hadn't always disagreed and that I had spent time at her house as a child, which explained why I knew the house so well.

She had always been, shall we say, on the 'lively' side and that made the silence and stillness left behind after her death, all the more deafening.

No comments:

Post a Comment