Thursday 31 March 2016

Dream Diary #100: Holding Out for a Hero

I was staying in a hotel with my family and we were hanging out in the dining area, which instead of a traditional restaurant, was more like a food court. 

The hotel grounds were being used as a film set for an action movie featuring superheroes (I think the recent influx of superhero crossover movies that are out or coming out have subconsciously affected me for some reason!) and much to my surprise and delight, myself and a few others were given roles as supporting superheroes!

They weren't lead roles or anything but they we would have actual screen time with a real character to play. 

For a short time, we just filmed back-to-back action scenes and after a while, it didn't feel like a movie any more; it started to feel real. I even surprised myself with just how much ass I could kick, and how much I enjoyed it. 

Then, it was time for the lead actor to film his scenes and myself and my fellow amateur actors gathered round to watch. Once again, the lines between reality and fantasy blurred and it was like watching an actual real-life superhero perform heroic stunts and save the day. 

After the actor finished his scene, the director called a time-out and gathered all of the actors together; the heroes on one side, the villains on the other. 

Apparently there had been some friction between some of the lead actors and it had affected the filming of the movie. 

As an amateur and a background character it didn't really concern me and instead found myself unable to concentrate on anything except the fact that I was sitting next to the lead. I watched as he took two pieces of gum out of his pocket and put them down between us.

I don't why but I assumed that one piece was for me and put it in my mouth, without thinking.

When I saw that he was sitting next to his brother (also an actor) and watched him lean towards him to ask him if he wanted a piece of gum, I tapped him on the hand and said, "Excuse me, but I accidentally ate a piece of your gum," expecting him to be mad.

Instead he gave me a warm smile, said "that's okay" and got another piece of gum out of his pocket.

It was brief non-interaction, but it made me feel so happy just to be acknowledged by him.

We wrapped up the day and I went back to my family, who were still in the food court for some reason. 

The following day I couldn't wait to put on my costume and become a superhero once again, but instead of a film set there was a wedding taking place. I looked around and all of the people who were my superhero team mates were now dressed as wedding guests. 

I asked what was going on and was told "We're playing wedding guests today."

No comments:

Post a Comment