Tuesday 12 April 2016

Dream Diary #101: Dream Mother

I was hiding out in a luxurious hotel room with my father, who looked nothing like my real-life father and actually resembled Kevin Spacey a bit?

I wasn't the age I am now, I felt like I had regressed back to being a teenager (about 13/14 or so) and I was living in a hotel with my father because my parents were in the middle of a custody battle over me. 

I wasn't necessarily 'held captive' by him, but I got the sense that he was a powerful, rich man and had purposely whisked me away to live in a hotel so that my mother couldn't communicate with me and vice versa.

For much of the first part of the dream I was lead to believe my mother was the bad person and that not seeing her was 'for the best.' I was very distracted by the lavish lifestyle my father could provide me and spent much of my time hanging around expensive stores and restaurants. 

A group of teenage girls with wealthy parents befriended me and it was nice having someone to hang out with and share my days with. 

One evening we were hanging out in my hotel when they revealed that they weren't all they seemed; they had been hired by my mother to infiltrate my life and set up a meeting with her. They told me my mother was waiting for me in a specific cafe and if I wanted to meet up with her, I could go down there. They would stay in the hotel room and cover for me if my father returned.

Of course, I went down to the cafe. 

At first I couldn't see my mother (who didn't resemble my real-life mother either) but that's because she was disguised as a waitress. When she caught sight of me, she took her break and sat at a table with me. 

She asked me if I was truly happy living with my father and if I said 'yes' she would accept it and leave me alone. If I said 'no' then the teenage girls she'd hired would help me pack up my stuff and assist me with getting out of there. 

As it turned out, she wasn't 'the bad guy' after all; she had just pissed off my father somehow (given her penchant for disguises and hiring others to do her bidding, I sensed she was a spy or an undercover agent of some kind) and he was taking out his anger on her by kidnapping me.

I knew I wasn't truly happy living with my father, I just enjoyed the luxury his lifestyle provided but knew it wouldn't bring me long-term happiness, and agreed to get my new friends to help me escape, which they did.

The night I decided to escape, my father had fallen asleep in the hotel room in front of the TV and as we were packing up, I worried he would wake up and demand to know what was going on. 

One of the girls informed me that they'd spiked his drink with sleeping pills so he was out for the count and wasn't likely to wake up any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment