Wednesday 13 April 2016

Dream Diary #102: Seasons in the Sun, Rain & Snow

I jetted off to be reunited with my love once again. All wounds and rifts had been healed, all misunderstandings had been cleared up and I was so happy to get a second chance to be together again. 

But while everything was harmonious between ourselves, the same couldn't be said about the world around us. From the moment I set foot on solid ground it seemed everything started to go wrong.

The driver that my love had arranged to pick us up from the airport didn't show up and when he called to check where he was, the driver told him that he wasn't coming because he had been drinking. My love cursed him out for drinking when he knew he was supposed to be driving. 

Apparently since there didn't seem to be any alternative methods of transport available, our only option was to walk.

So we got walking.

The journey was apparently so long that the seasons started to change along the way. Our surroundings changed from a notably Summery atmosphere to an Autumnal one. 

Jokingly, I said "Well it could be worse, it could be snowing!" but my love scolded me for even mentioning snow as Winters were extremely harsh there and evidently just mentioning snow could make it appear.

And that's exactly what happened, slowing our journey even further.

To make matters worse, when we eventually arrived at our destination the apartment wasn't even ready for us to move in! We had to sleep outside until it was ready.

I assured my love over and over that it was okay and that I was just so ecstatically happy we were together again that it didn't matter if things weren't perfect, but I could tell that the constant slew of setbacks were wearing him down.

I gave him some space and went through my suitcase which was now filled with clothes that either didn't fit or suit me anymore.

The next morning I went to go and see him, but he wasn't where I thought he was. I looked for him and eventually found him on the roof, where he'd apparently slept, clutching a bottle of Jack Daniels (strange seeing as though he doesn't drink.)

He wasn't suicidal, just sulky and morose. It took some convincing but eventually I was able to 'talk him down.'

No comments:

Post a Comment