Monday 28 March 2016

Dream Diary #99: Love & War

I was going on a group date to the movies and was extremely nervous because it was going to be the first time my love and I were going to see each other in person since separating. We were the only single people in the group, so naturally everyone else would be splitting off into their respective couples leaving us to interact.

To my surprise, even though he wasn't as warm as he used to be towards me, he wasn't as closed off as I thought he would be, either. He initiated conversation many times and even suggested we sit together in the theatre, away from everyone else so that we would have privacy. 

As the show started, it felt like old times as we snuggled into one another.

The movie turned out to be an interactive theatre production and at intermission my love and I went to use the restroom, which appeared to be unisex as we went into the same room together.

We were laughing and joking and it seemed like nothing had changed between us. 

I finished before him and he told me not wait for him and to not miss the rest of the show, and like a fool I believed him. I went back to our seats and as more and more time passed I got a sick feeling in my stomach. "Oh no, not again," I told myself. 

I tried to distract myself by actively participating in the show but it was no use. I just knew in my gut he had disappeared again. I got up from my seat and started frantically running down the street trying to find him. 

My search took me to the seaside, where on one side of me was the town and on the other side was the beach and the ocean. 

Across the ocean in the distance was a huge bridge, which obviously extended to the other side but was covered in a thick fog, so I couldn't see the way. 

The scale of the bridge looked enormous and intimidating but I knew it was the way that would reunite me with my love.


In the next dream I was in a beautiful ocean side town where the buildings were painted white, so it looked like Spain, Portugal or similar Mediterranean adjacent country. 

I found myself standing on a sandy white beach looking upwards at one such building perched on a cliff side, overlooking the beach.

There was a war taking place elsewhere in the world, and while this town had not been affected, the beach had been sectioned off into plots where people could build shelters and fill it with their belongings and items for survival, and treat the beach as a kind of commune or camp. 

There wasn't a cloud in the sky as I looked up, but all of a sudden an unidentified object resembling a weather balloon floated into view and immediately a feeling of dread came over me.

The object was not a weather balloon but a stealth missile that floated towards it's target and then exploded upon impact. 

I watched as it hit the white building on the cliff before missiles started raining down on the beach just feet away from me, throwing sand into the air and obscuring my vision. 

I, along with the other commune friends, just started running towards the ocean with absolutely no idea of what I was going to do once I got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment