Thursday 21 July 2016

Dream Diary #108: Change of Heart

I was living in a converted garage/motel with my Love but things weren't going so well. Due to outside influences, most notably our family members, things were tense between us. Fed up with things never going right between us or others trying to put obstacles in the way, we separated and he made me move to another part of the garage, into my own room because he couldn't bear to see me if I was just going to leave.

Feeling isolated and lonely I contacted my family and told them I was coming home. It would be a while before I could go though, so I decided to go by myself to a movie. But when I got to the movie theatre (which I'm sure I've visited in dreams before) I couldn't remember the name of the movie I wanted to see and had to engage in a game of charades to get it out because I couldn't verbalise the words properly.

During the movie, a rare glimpse of my real-life situation penetrated the dream and I found myself thinking 'If I leave, it will be the worst mistake of my life' and I knew then I had to stay and turn the situation around. I rushed home from the movie full of excitement and determination - and relief that I hadn't left it too late. I hadn't left the country, so there was still hope.

When I first arrived home my Love was nowhere to be found. The garage was a complete mess which suggested he hadn't been in the greatest of moods since I left. When I found him, he was laying down a makeshift bed out of junk at the back of the room. Puzzled, I asked him why. He told me his sister was moving in with us for a while. Apparently, she was tired of having a charmed, easy life and having everything laid on a plate for her. She was jealous of the intense love he and I shared and wanted to be around us for a while.

I couldn't fathom why anyone would want to struggle when they didn't have to but my Love reasoned that it was just his family's way of putting more obstacles in our way.

It was obvious he hadn't told them that we were currently living separately, and he went to lie down on his bed and sulk.

I knelt beside the bed and told him that I wouldn't be going anywhere and that I would do whatever it takes for us to be together. Stubbornly, he refused to believe me and it wasn't until I climbed into the bed and had sex with him - even though his sister was due at any moment - that he realised I meant business. 

Sure enough, his sister arrived and set about complaining and finding fault with everything. It was clear why she had never experienced a love like ours - she just wasn't capable.

My family dropped by and asked if everything was okay, because they hadn't heard from me in a while and I told them that I was fine and our previous conversation had been a false alarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment