Tuesday 27 October 2015

Dream Diary #86: Be Prepared

I was in my wedding dress, ready to walk down the aisle. 

Everything was perfect, except for one thing; I caught a glimpse of my face in a mirror and I wasn't wearing any make-up! I don't wear a lot of make-up in real-life, but this was my wedding day and I wanted to feel beautiful.

I looked around at my bewildered guests, begging and pleading with various family members to please help me with putting my make-up on. 

Their reaction was to tell me to stop being so silly and that my groom was already at the end of the aisle, waiting for me but I just told them to tell him that I'm sorry and that I do want to marry him; I just want to feel more prepared. 

I ran away and the only family member that was willing to follow me was my dad, who said he'd drive me around town, looking for make-up for me to put on. 

The first thing I put on was eye-shadow, but the only colour I could find was an old and crumbly garish purple. I told myself that the colour didn't matter, as long I applied it properly. However, because it was so old, the sponge tip at the end of the applicator stick kept falling off and poking me in the eye and I ended up applying too much.

I tried to wash it off to start again, but it had stained my eyelids purple. 

Next, I tried to apply foundation but I squirted too much into my hands and it splashed all over the front of my wedding dress!

In real-life, I'd apply foundation first as it's hard to do when you have other things on your face, but as I applied so much it looked like paint dripping down me. I kept telling myself that it'd be fine if I kept rubbing it in.

I didn't have any powder to smooth over it either, so my face ended up looking shiny.

At this point, my groom had come looking for me and was asking me if I did really want to marry him and even my dad said, "Don't you think you ought to stop?" But I stubbornly insisted upon putting lipstick on as well.

Because I was under pressure and my groom thought I didn't want to marry him, my hand was shaking and I ended up smearing the lipstick over my mouth. 

I came out of the room looking like a clown. 

Luckily my groom was good natured about it and saw the funny side, and the dream concluded with me washing all the make-up away and walking down the aisle with a fresh face.

No comments:

Post a Comment