Wednesday 7 October 2015

Dream Diary #84: Three Men and a Little Lady

My boyfriend and I had a fight and he stormed back to the USA without me. He shouted after me that I didn't have the money to follow him and I shouted back that that wasn't true.

While I did have the money, I just needed a little extra help and luckily there were two other guys that were willing.

One was an ex-boyfriend of many years ago, who is now very much a platonic friend in real-life. 

The other was the ex of a friend, who barely acknowledges my existence in real-life.

Because of our history, and because I have personally witnessed the second guy strike out at his girlfriend in rage, I much preferred enlisting the help of my ex-boyfriend. 

However, when I went over to his house to discuss the arrangements, his house- and his life- was as much in tatters as mine. I told him that I wouldn't feel right accepting his help in trying to sort my life out when he was fighting his own battles, but he insisted that he would be happy to do it.

I explained to him (both men actually) that I couldn't repay their kindness monetarily right away and I was in no way willing to exchange sexual favours, so helping me would be an act of pure mercy. 

Despite my ex-boyfriend's insistence that he would still help, I declined anyway and went to the other guy for help.

To my surprise he was very kind, gentlemanly and helpful and whisked us both away on a first class flight and booked us into a fancy hotel when we arrived at our destination. 

I worried that this meant he hadn't got the memo that I wouldn't do anything sexual with him in exchange for helping me, so I immediately started talking about my boyfriend and the mammoth task I had ahead of me trying to track him down.

I thought I'd successfully deterred him but when I went to sit down he leaned in and kissed me!

The kiss was nice and I knew it would never go any further than that, but his actions baffled me because I was not his usual, feisty type. 

It turns out that he'd underestimated me and my determination and refusal to back down in the face of difficulties had caused him to see me in new light.

No comments:

Post a Comment