Wednesday 25 November 2015

Dream Diary #88: Second Chances

My mother informed me that I had been head hunted by an employer in Japan who wanted English speaking, Western 'Final Fantasy' fans to go to Japan and to speak publicly about why and what we enjoyed about the series. She also told me that the job was basically mine if I wanted it, all I had to do was tell them I was interested.

Feeling joy at the prospect of not having to be unemployed after my current job ends and at being granted a second chance of being able to realise my dream of living in another country and prove what I was really capable of, I readily grabbed the opportunity and accepted. 

Plus, the job sounded easy; talking passionately about things I love would be something I'd be really good at. 

The English representatives for the company came to my house to talk to me about the job, but didn't seem interested in any of the questions I had to ask. I was too excited to care. The organisation of the trip seemed downright chaotic and would've raised red flags in real life, but in the dream I was just so happy to be given a second chance to prove myself and was determined not to waste it.

When I arrived in Japan, my subconscious had an uncharacteristically racist moment when it seemed that there weren't enough apartments for all of the newly recruited employees, so some of the existing residents jumped from the mezzanines of the apartment building into the lobby, committing suicide!

This startled me even in the dream, but I was so focused on not screwing up this opportunity that I chalked this rocky start down to 'culture difference' and carried on.

No comments:

Post a Comment