Monday 12 December 2016

Dream Diary #114: Ignorance is not Bliss

I got the unique opportunity to stay with my love's family for a little while. I was excited at first, but while his family were perfectly friendly and accepting of me, my love just went out of his way to ignore and avoid me. 

He was working as DJ in a nightclub, which is very odd because being a DJ is an overly social and outgoing job that I know he would hate to have in real-life, but it meant that he could avoid me by working at night and sleeping throughout the day. 

The little I did see of him, he would enter the room and make an effort to talk to everyone but me. One evening, I thought he was taking me to work with him but instead he led me to a woman he'd been dating's house and proceeded to come onto her in front of me, knowing full well that I was watching. The woman was clearly uncomfortable as he was going out of his way to not acknowledge my existence, even though it was obvious he knew me and that I was there with him.

I felt so incredibly sad because I couldn't understand what I'd done that warranted such prolonged punishment and cruelty. How was it easier for him to ignore me than to just listen to what I had to say? 

I experienced a brief respite from the situation when we ended up in either an old church or some kind of museum where the interior resembled a church together; we still weren't exactly friends but the shared common interest of history and art provided a distraction from our issues. I even found the courage to wander off alone and not care whether or not he would talk to me because I wanted to enjoy my surroundings. Ironically, I could feel him watch me, like he didn't want me to leave him.

No comments:

Post a Comment